David A. Pope, CPA CGMA
WELCOME to my news and blog site. I am a CPA that provides creative solutions to complex business and tax problems experienced by organizations throughout the United States. Through my CPA firms in Wyoming and Colorado, as well as my other affiliates, I help to structure businesses that balance tax, financial and asset protection strategies. So whether you are a new start-up business trying to decide the best structure and operational methodology, or an existing business that would like to move from "surviving" to "thriving", I can help you make it happen.
- Named to the Wyoming Main Street Advisory Board
- Performed certain accounting functions for Governor Matt Mead's reelection campaign
- Named to the Cheyenne Animal Shelter Board of Directors
- Named to Direct Capital Panel of Finance Experts
- Profiled for client service philosophy in February issue of Research Magazine
- Named lead accountants for the entertainment events at a major national political
- Completed large litigation consulting engagement in which I assisted in the structuring of a shareholder split that created combined tax and settlement savings in excess of $400,000,
- Earned Chartered Global Management Accountant designation.
- Completed Litigation Consulting Engagement that led to the largest known civil fraud
judgment in Wyoming history ($1.9 Million),
- Negotiated and consummated purchase of audit firm James Childress PC,
- Joined Association of Certified Fraud Examiners as associate member.
- Drafted tax portion of two international private offering
- Achieved a late S-Corporation Election on behalf of a client that was
retroactive to 1996 via the IRS private letter ruling process. At the
time, this was the furthest back the IRS Associate Chief counsel's
office had ever granted such a request and created a tax savings for the
client in excess of $500,000,
- Crossed the 2,000 client threshold among the three firms.
- Created the Winter Park CPA firm of DAPCPA Pope &
- Completed a litigation consulting engagement that required defeasance of a commercial mortgage in contradiction to the lender's interpretation.
- Created the Riverton, Wyoming firm of David A. Pope, CPA LLC